We leave on Monday the second of June and still have quite a lot of prep work to do before that time. We have not had to purchase too many new items this year but we did decide to ditch the inflatable queen air mattresses and try our luck with four 2" thick Thermarest pads. The air mattresses are a pain to inflate, are very bulky and while comfortable they do not offer much in the way of insulation from the cold. (comfort at night is key to successful camping)
For Michelle and me this trip will be an overdue return to one of our favorite places. As youngsters we spent the summer of 1990 working in Sequoia National Park. It was a great experience and obviously one that left its mark on us. We have dedicated a good portion of our trip, from July 7th to 19th, to revisiting some of the beautiful places there. Here are some shots from that trip.
Michelle at a nice overlook

Me on a hike to BearPaw

One of our earliest pictures together, at Alta Falls, ages 21 an 23

I will be posting photographs and updates when I can along our journey so check back and see what we are up to.

3 comments:
This will be a fun summer for all of you. I will enjoy following along with you on you blog. Seems like only yesterday (to some of us) when you and Michelle spent the summer at Sequoia.
We are glad our paths will cross - however briefly - in Texas! See you then.
Hey, I will definitely be checking your blog to see where you are. How fun!
Thanks also for sharing the photos; I don't think I'd ever seen any of these early pictures before.
The picture of you at BearPaw was my favorite.
Have fun and be safe, and see you in a few weeks.
Me
Hey guys, this looks like a grand trip! I'm jealous. :-) Looking forward to seeing you and to following along on your blog. I can't BELIEVE it was that long ago that you stopped in ABQ on your way to Sequoia. Whew! Boy, way to make me feel old. Have a blast!!
Post a Comment